My accomplished career spans over two decades, with areas of expertise in healthcare, health policy & planning, academics & research, and voluntary sector management. I have worked at different times as a hospital Biomedical Scientist, manager in the private healthcare sector, Research Associate within an NHS Primary Care Trust, and for six years as University Lecturer in Health Services Management/ Environmental and Public Health. I have experience of working both in developing countries and the United Kingdom.
I have carried out several Health Impact Assessments (HIA) projects for various local authorities and public sector organisations. I have also been involved in teaching and facilitating HIA training programmes the United Kingdom and some African countries. Additionally, I am actively involved in leadership roles within Charitable and Voluntary sector organisations.
I belong to the following professional organisations:
• Fellow, Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
• Fellow, Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH)
• Fellow, Institute of Healthcare Management (IHM)
• Member, International Association for Impact Assessment (IAIA)
• Member, Society of Practitioners of Health Impact Assessment (SOPHIA)