Community participation is the whole process by which individuals and families assume responsibility for their own health and welfare and for those of the community to which they belong. Effective participation is widely recognised as vital success factor for improving the health and wellbeing of individuals and communities. This course examines and equips participants with the theories and practices which make for effective CP-Health and Development.
• Understanding the community: its heterogeneity and synergies
• Models and paradigms of participation
• Types and functions of participation
• Participation and the Sustainable Development Agenda
• The politics of participation
• Local knowledge base
• Quantifying community participation (CP Value)